CBD (cannabidiol) oil is continually gaining popularity in the healthcare industry as more and more people are interested in trying it for its potential health benefits. Although it has also been the subject of controversy in terms of its legality, CBD oil remains to be an in-demand wellness product in the market.
If you're hearing about this controversial product for the first time, check out this article to learn what CBD oil is and how it interacts with the body.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is defined as a non-intoxicating cannabis extract that's known for its ability to help treat several medical problems. It's produced by extracting cannabidiol from the cannabis plant and have it diluted with a hemp seed oil or coconut oil.
Cannabidiol, for instance, refers to one of the compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis or marijuana plant. These cannabinoids have two components, namely CBD and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). Unlike other marijuana products, CBD oil doesn't come with a psychoactive effect, making it a prescription drug alternative for many health problems.
That said, it’s gaining its momentum in the wellness world, particularly in treating pain and anxiety. Below are some of the common benefits of using CBD oil:
- Helps Relieve Pain – Using CBD oil can help alleviate chronic pain by affecting the endocannabinoid receptor activity, which results in reduced inflammation. Nowadays, vaping CBD oil has become a new innovative way of relieving pain quickly.
- Treats Anxiety And Depression – A sufficient dosage of CBD oil can help treat symptoms of anxiety and depression. It can impact the brain's receptors for serotonin, which controls a person's mood and social behavior.
- Helps Treat Acne – Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it can help treat acne and other skin problems by reducing the production of sebum inside the body.
- Reduces Psychotic Symptoms – It can also be used to alleviate the psychotic symptoms associated with schizophrenic patients. The cannabidiol found in the oil can prevent the breakdown of a chemical in one's brain, affecting your mental and mood function.
- Helps Fight Cancer – The compounds found in the CBD oil can help prevent the fast growth of cancer cells. Because of its low toxicity levels, it has the potential to be a supplement to some of the conventional cancer treatments.
- Lowers Blood Pressure and Prevents Heart Problem – The anxiety-and-stress-reducing properties of the CBD oil can help lower blood pressure and prevent the onset of health conditions
- Treat Substance Abuse Patients – CBD oil can help minimize morphine dependence and other substance abuse cases by modifying the circuits in the brain.
How Does CBD Oil Interact With The Body?
Now that you already know the meaning of CBD oil, it’s time for you to learn about how it can actually interact with the body and provide the health benefits mentioned above. Just like in pets, using CBD oil may also have a significant impact on the human body.
Read on to find out how CBD oil interacts with the body:
To fully understand the interaction between CBD oil and the human body, it's essential to know one of the most crucial parts of the body in terms of overall health. This is the endocannabinoid system.
The endocannabinoid system or ECS is essential because of its ability to regulate balance in the metabolism, immune system response, digestion, mood, brain function, and many more. It's only after the introduction of these wellness products in the market that this system has become important in the medical community.
Primarily, the endocannabinoid system is a part of the body through which the cannabinoid compounds in CBD oil extract act together in the body and produce several health effects. For instance, the system consists of many mechanisms that allow itself to interact with the compounds of CBD. These may include receptor sites found on cells which receive cannabinoids, endocannabinoids or cannabinoid-like compounds that the human body produces naturally, and the enzymes which create and destroy cannabinoids.
Moreover, the cannabinoids from CBD oil work with the endocannabinoid system by mimicking the behavior of endocannabinoids and, later on, interact with the cannabinoid receptors. Consequently, the interaction will result in the stimulation of various physiological responses. By regulating the system, the product can help treat a variety of diseases and conditions such as pain, inflammation, cardiovascular diseases, and many more.
Sometimes, it's hard to understand how CBD can be beneficial to treating health conditions, especially if there's a legality issue. But, with the way this compound interacts with the body and its wellness benefits, it does make sense why many people are continuously giving CBD oil a try.
If you or someone you love is suffering from a severe health condition and you want to know more about these products, be sure to do your research before buying anything.