Carol Dweck, PhD
Psychologist & Author
Carol S. Dweck, PhD, is a leading researcher in the field of motivation and is the Lewis and Virginia Eaton Professor of Psychology at Stanford. Her research focuses on why students succeed and how to foster their success. More specifically, her work has demonstrated the role of mindsets in success and has shown how praise for intelligence can undermine students’ motivation and learning.
She has also held professorships at and Columbia and Harvard Universities, has lectured to education, business, and sports groups all over the world, and has...
Read more >>
Her work has been prominently featured in such publications as The New Yorker, Newsweek, Time, The New York Times, and The London Times, with recent feature stories on her work in the San Francisco Chronicle and the Washington Post, and she has appeared on such shows as Today, Good Morning America, NPR’s Morning Edition, and 20/20. Her bestselling book Mindset (published by Random House) has been widely acclaimed and has been translated into 20 languages.
Books Written By This Expert
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- Mindset: How You Can Fulfil Your Potential
- Self-theories: Their Role in Motivation, Personality, and Development
- NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
- Bounce: Mozart, Federer, Picasso, Beckham, and the Science of Success by Matthew Syed
- The Talent Code: Greatness Isn't Born. It's Grown. Here's How by Daniel Coyle
- Talent Is Overrated: What Really Separates World-Class Performers from Everybody Else by Geoffrey Colvin