John Grienenberger, PhD
John Grienenberger, PhD, is a psychologist, attachment researcher, and Co-Executive Director of the non-profit Center for Reflective Communities in Los Angeles. He is also a Founder, Executive Director and Clinical Director of Community West, a psychological treatment center for adolescents and young adults in Los Angeles. He has extensive experience in family work, and has trained hundreds of therapists in his mentalization-based approach to working with families. He has authored numerous papers, presentations, and training programs in the...
Read more >>
areas of psychotherapy, attachment, mentalization, and parenting, and has conducted trainings and presentations both nationally and internationally. He has a part-time private practice in West Los Angeles conducting psychological and psychoeducational testing as well as providing psychotherapy to children, adults, families, and couples. Along with spending time with his children, John also enjoys backpacking, snowboarding, hiking, and mountain biking.
- Journey to Parenthood: Myths Reality and What Really Matters by Diana-Lynn Barnes
- Touchpoints: Your Child’s Emotional and Behavioral Development by T. Berry Brazelton
- The irreducible needs of children: What Every Child Must Have to Grow, Learn and Flourish by Stanley I. Greenspan
- Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Emotional Life of the Toddler by Alice F. Lieberman
- Parenting From the Inside Out by Daniel Siegel
- Pre-Parenting: Nurturing Your Child From Conception by Pamela Weintraub
- The Good Marriage: How and Why Love Lasts by Judith S. Wallerstein