Maggie Baumann, MFT, CEDS
Certified Eating Disorder Specialist
Maggie Baumann is a marriage and family therapist in Newport Beach, California, specializing in treating eating disorders, addictions and trauma. Maggie is a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist (CEDS) by the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals. As a woman in recovery from anorexia, she speaks on the topic of eating disorder prevention and treatment to a wide audience. She has been a featured guest on numerous national television shows on eating disorder awareness and quoted in newspapers across the country including...
Read more >>
On a personal front, Maggie has been married 28 years and has two healthy grown daughters, Christine, 25 and Whitney, 24. Being a mom has been the most rewarding experience Maggie has encountered. Maggie enjoys staying active with healthy exercise and loves to be outdoors. Living one mile from the beach allows Maggie the luxury of enjoying the peace of the ocean. Photography, reading and spending time with her two kitties (who are really grown up cats) are other passions she appreciates doing in her leisure time.
- Talking to Eating Disorders by Jeanne Albronda Heaton, PhD and Claudia J. Strauss
- Life without Ed by Jenni Schaefer with Thom Rutledge
- 100 Questions & Answers About Eating Disorders by Carolyn Costin, LMFT, MA, MEd
- When Your Child Has An Eating Disorder by Abigail Natenshon
- The Parent’s Guide to Eating Disorders by Marcia Herrin EdD and Nancy Matsumoto