Shelley Hurguy, RN, MSN, CRNA, CHHC
Certified Holistic Health Counselor
I am holistic health coach with a certificate from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I have a Master’s Degree in Nursing, and worked as a Nurse Anesthetist for over a decade. I have been trained in more than one hundred dietary theories and found my passion for the power of healing through food when I read Paul Pitchford’s Healing With Whole Foods in response to my daughter’s medical challenges.
My daughter was born with a congenital bowel defect and endured several surgeries before her first birthday. After a highly specialized surgery...
Read more >>
During this time of navigating my daughter’s medical condition, professionally, I was administering anesthesia to patients undergoing bariatric surgery; a process of shrinking the stomach so the patient is forced to eat less food. I knew there had to be a better way to solve the issue of obesity, and that there was more to being overweight than just eating too much.
I have learned that what we eat and what we don't eat can profoundly affect and heal our bodies. I offer personalized “roadmaps to health,” created to suit each individual’s body, lifestyle, preferences and goals.
- Healing With Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford
- The Vaccination Book: Making The Right Decisions For Your Child by Robert W. Sears, MD, FAAP
- Child of Mine: Feeding With Love and Good Sense by Ellen Satter
- Natural Baby and Childcare: Practical Medical Advice and Holistic Wisdom by Lauren Feder, MD
- Love and Logic Magic For Early Childhood: Practical Parenting From Birth to 6 years by Jim Fay and Charles Fay, PhD