Mom of Autistic Child
Val Fein is an autism intervention specialist in private practice, a psychology PhD candidate working on her dissertation research, and the mother of a child whose diagnosis moved from autism: severe/moderate to autism: recovered/indistinguishable, after intensive early intervention.
Val is currently conducting research for her doctoral dissertation. She is investigating how expert autism-intervention practitioners describe the process of successfully establishing moments of intersubjective engagement during their early intervention sessions with children who have autism.
Val designs and oversees individualized comprehensive autism intervention programs. She teaches parents, educators, therapists, and paraprofessionals how to target recovery from autism for the children they love. She works extremely closely with each family, partnering with parents to create and maintain programs that aim to maximize joy for their child. She specializes in the moment-to-moment mechanics of effective and meaningful intervention.
- Verbal Behavior Analysis: Inducing and Expanding New Verbal Capabilities in Children with Language Delays by R. Douglas Greer and Denise E. Ross
- Relational Frame Theory: A Post-Skinnerian Account of Human Language and Cognition by Steven C. Hayes, Dermot Barnes-Holmes and Bryan Roche
- Learning RFT: An Introduction to Relational Frame Theory and Its Clinical Application by Niklas Torneke, Hayes, Steven C. Hayes and Dermot Barnes-Holmes
- Derived Relational Responding Applications for Learners with Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities: A Progressive Guide to Change by Ruth Anne Rehfeldt, Dermot Barnes-Holmes, and Steven C. Hayes
- Autism and the Development of Mind: Essays in Developmental Psychology by R. Peter Hobson
- Autism As an Executive Disorder by James Russell
- Engaging Autism: Using the Floortime Approach to Help Children Relate, Communicate, and Think by Stanley I. Greenspan MD and Serena Wieder PhD
- Relationship Development Intervention with Young Children: Social and Emotional Development Activities for Asperger Syndrome, Autism, PDD and NLD by Steven E. Gutstein
- Giggle Time - Establishing the Social Connection: A Program to Develop the Communication Skills of Children With Autism, Asperger Syndrome and PDD by Susan Aud Sonders
- Thinking About You, Thinking About Me: Philosophy and Strategies for Facilitating the Development of Perspective Taking for Students with Social Cognitive Deficits by Michelle Garcia Winner
- Inside Out: What Makes a Person with Social Cognitive Deficits Tick? by Michelle Garcia Winner