College and special needs

Watch Video: College and special needs by Dennise Goldberg, ...
College and special needs | Kids in the House
KidsInTheHouse the Ultimate Parenting Resource
Kids in the House Tour

College and special needs

A good resource for children as they set out for college who have special needs is a disability services office at whatever college or university that your child is attending. Once they are out of highschool, they are considered an adult and must speak up for their own needs. So they must go to their college, university, check out what´s available, what accomodations could be made. Some of the accomodations that could be made are notetaking, extra time on tests, taperecording but the student needs to check out exactly what´s available at that office to make sure that they are getting all the extra help that they need in college to access the curriculum just like they got in early education.

Watch Video: College and special needs by Dennise Goldberg, ...


Expert Bio

More from Expert

Dennise Goldberg

IEP Expert & President of Gold Standard Advocates

Dennise Goldberg is the owner of Special Education Advisor, a community of parents, educators, and special education service providers dedicated to helping families with children who have special needs understand their special education rights and receive appropriate special education services. Dennise also works as a Special Education Advocate in Southern California through her company, Gold Standard Advocates.  In this capacity she has helped children with all forms of disabilities receive a Free Appropriate Public Education. She is also the mother of a beautiful 11-year old boy who has dealt with developmental delays, apraxia of speech, fine motor delays, sensory issues, gross motor delays, and now has a learning disability (auditory processing disorder).

More Parenting Videos from Dennise Goldberg >