Jeanne K. Pritzker
Founder, Foster Care Counts
Jeanne K. Pritzker is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Foster Care Counts, a California nonprofit corporation dedicated to improving the lives of current and former foster children.
A successful businesswoman, entrepreneur and philanthropist, Jeanne was educated at the University of Michigan (BA 1982, French and Psychology), Northwestern University (MBA 1986, Finance and Accounting) and the Chicago School of Professional Psychology (Psy.D. expected 2013, Clinical Psychology).
Jeanne started her professional career in the finance...
Read more >>
Her noteworthy academic and professional successes notwithstanding, Jeanne's greatest satisfaction has come from her personal and philanthropic activities. The proud mother of seven children (including one foster child), she is an outspoken advocate, and a matchless contributor and fundraiser, for foster care and social justice causes.
Jeanne is a woman on a mission: to improve the foster care system and to help current and former foster children, as well as her own children, to lead happy, successful, and productive lives.
- How to Talk to So Your Kids Will Listen and Listen So Your Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Parenting by Heart by Ron Taffel
- Parenting From the Inside Out by Dan Siegel and Mary Hartzell
- Breaking Through to Teens: Psychotherapy for the New Adolescence by Ron Taffel
- The Second Family: How Adolescent Power is Challenging the American Family by Ron Taffel