Most families have no time to prepare healthy meals, most especially for breakfast because of a busy schedule. While children go to school, parents are busy working in their full-time jobs or managing a business. However, this daily routine can lead to medical problems, such as diabetes, heart disease, and nutritional gaps, brought about by poor diet or unhealthy eating practices.
Now you probably realize the importance of staying healthy despite a full workload. Check these quick and healthy meal ideas you can try with your family.
It's a good idea to make your own tacos. It is easy to prepare and healthy at the same time. You can substitute ground bison for beef, which is lower in fat and calories. Pair the hearty meat with cubed squash and sweet potato. Let your family choose their favorite toppings, like avocado, peppers, radish, and Greek yogurt.
Say goodbye to hectic mornings when you skip a full breakfast to save time, and say hello to healthy breakfast burritos. Now there is no excuse to miss on an essential meal of the day. You can try a quick and healthy breakfast burrito recipe that only require easy-to-find ingredients and are ready to eat in 35 minutes. For super busy days, you can store your homemade burritos in your freezer. Just grab one and microwave for only two minutes in the microwave, making it a great breakfast-ready idea.
Here are the health benefits of some of your favorite burrito ingredients:
- Wheat: It is used for tortilla preparation that helps improves metabolism. Also, wheat helps reduce chronic inflammation, control blood sugar levels, prevent gallstones formation, lower the risk of heart attack, and protect you against asthma and breast cancer.
- Avocado: It contains a total of twenty vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, potassium, and B-vitamins.
- Beans: This burrito ingredient is rich in fiber, benefiting cardiovascular health because it lowers triglyceride and cholesterol levels. Also, beans are richer in protein than fish or poultry. Beans balance blood sugar, prevent heart attacks and prevent heart diseases.
- Chili Peppers: This ingredient contains capsaicin, a compound proven to have analgesic and antibacterial properties. It also prevents diabetes and cancer.
- Tomatoes: This burrito ingredient is rich in antioxidants, as well as vitamin C, vitamin E, manganese, flavonols, and fatty acid derivatives, keeping the heart healthy.
Oven-Baked Almond Fish Sticks
Be creative with bran flakes and crushed almonds, replacing a traditional breadcrumb coating. You can make a protein-packed and low carb fish stick recipe. Surely, your family would love these baked fish bites with a side of marinara sauce or ketchup for dipping. Fish sticks can also be healthy snacks for toddlers.
Avocado Deviled Eggs
Avocado is a very nutritious fruit that contains higher amounts of potassium than bananas. It is also loaded with healthy monounsaturated fatty acids that are good for the heart. Eating avocados provide you the fiber your body needs for proper digestion and can also help lower your triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
On the other hand, eggs are good sources of high-quality protein, with more than half found in the egg white. Eggs are also rich in vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin D, selenium, iron, zinc, and copper. Classic deviled eggs tend to get seriously delicious with a fresh and creamy avocado filling. It is a perfect breakfast recipe that is easy to prepare and healthy to eat.
Here are the steps to make your avocado classic deviled eggs:
- Prepare the following ingredients: 10 peeled hard-cooked eggs, 1 peeled and pitted medium avocado, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, ¼ teaspoon salt, two teaspoons lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and chopped fresh chives (optional).
- Cut hard-boiled eggs lengthwise in half.
- Slip out egg yolks from 5 of the eggs in a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add avocado to egg yolks in a bowl, and mash.
- Next, add salt and pepper, lemon juice, and mayonnaise to the same bowl, then mix well.
- It's time to fill the egg whites with the avocado egg yolk mixture. Heap it slightly for a deliciously large filling.
- You may cover and refrigerate you avocado classic deviled eggs up to 24 hours. Prepare it the night before and ready to serve for breakfast the next day.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives before you serve.
Stay healthy with these quick and healthy meal ideas. You don't have to worry about long meal preparation anymore because genius chefs and moms around the world have discovered easy ways to serve healthy meals for the family. Also, you can make your easy-to-cook recipes too, using available ingredients in your fridge and backyard garden.