Amy Lang, MA
Sex Education Expert
Despite her 16 years of experience as a sexual health educator, Amy Lang found herself completely tongue-tied when her four year old son had "something very important" to tell her about his penis. Shocked by her discomfort, she realized if she was struggling, other parents must be too. Amy also holds an MA in Applied Behavioral Science and her focus was in adult education and group facilitation. She decided to combine her love of sex talking and her love of working with adults and started Birds + Bees + Kids in 2006.
Amy is a three time Mom’s...
Read more >>
She has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Seattle Magazine, Parent Map magazine and has contributed to a gazillion other publications. Sex advice guru Dan Savage says “Amy is a parent’s best friend-with-benefits when it comes to talking to kids about sex.”
Though Birds + Bees + Kids, Amy helps parents of all beliefs have easy, open and effective conversations about sexuality, love and relationships with their kids. She offers talks, workshops, one-on-one consultations and live webcasts. Amy is also the co-founder of MamaCON - Inspiration and Tools for Modern Moms, a conference supporting the hard work of moms everywhere.
Books Written By This Expert
- Birds + Bees + YOUR Kids - A Guide To Sharing Your Beliefs About Sexuality, Love and Relationships
- Birds + Bees + Kids - The Basics
- Say What?! The Birds + Bees for Progressive Parents - What to Say and How to Say It!
- It's Not the Stork!: A Book About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families and Friends, by Robie H. Harris and Michael Emberley (For 2 to 6 year olds)
- It's So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families, by Robie Harris and Michael Emberley (For 6 to11 year olds)
- It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health, by Robie Harris and Michael Emberley(For 10 to 14 year olds)