A realistic guide to feeding your kids

Robyn O'Brien, Author of The Unhealthy Truth, shares advice for parent on how to feed your family healthy food, but still have the grace and flexibility to live realistically
A Realistic Guide To Feeding Your Kids - Kids Nutrition TIps
KidsInTheHouse the Ultimate Parenting Resource
Kids in the House Tour

A realistic guide to feeding your kids

Comment
948
Like
948
Transcription: 
What is the 80-20 rule? The 80-20 rule is an absolute lifesaver when it comes to feeding your family. It's basically saying "Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good." That you've got to do what you can, where you are, with what you have. And so 80 percent of the time, you try to do the best that you can. You're mindful of what you're shopping for and what you keep in your own house. And then the other 20% of the time, you have to have the grace and flexibility to live in the real world, to know that these kids go to birthday parties. They're going to get stuff at school, and to be able to roll with that.

Robyn O'Brien, Author of The Unhealthy Truth, shares advice for parent on how to feed your family healthy food, but still have the grace and flexibility to live realistically

Transcript

Expert Bio

More from Expert

Robyn O'Brien

Author, The Unhealthy Truth

Robyn O'Brien is recognized by Teri Hatcher, Kourtney Kardashian, Kristen Bell and moms around the world.  She has been called “food’s Erin Brockovich” by The New York Times and has been named by SHAPE Magazine as a “Women To Shape the World”, by Forbes Woman as one of “20 Inspiring Women to Follow on Twitter,” and by The Discovery Channel as one of its 15 Top Visionaries. She is a former food industry analyst, author, mother of four and the founder of AllergyKids Foundation. Robyn graduated as the top woman in her class from business school before working as a financial analyst that covered the food industry. She is regarded as an expert on children’s health policy.  She has appeared on CNN, The Dr Oz show, Today Show, Good Morning America, CNBC's Kudlow Report, Fox News and the Ricki Lake Show and has appeared in several documentary films, including Food Patriots, Unacceptable Levels, Genetic Roulette.  

Robyn’s work has been recognized by individuals such as Yoko Ono, Robert Kennedy Jr., Ted Turner and Prince Charles. She is the founder of the visionary organization allergykidsfoundation.org which is focused on restoring the integrity of the food supply and the health of children, the author of The Unhealthy Truth (Random House 2010) and her work is seen in Food, Inc. filmmaker Robert Kenner’s 2012 video, Labels Matter, and in Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution.

More Parenting Videos from Robyn O'Brien >
Enter your email to
download & subscribe
to our newsletter