Lee Hausner, PhD
Clinical Psychologist & Author
Dr. Lee Hausner is an internationally recognized clinical psychologist, business consultant and family wealth advisor. She served as the senior psychologist for the Beverly Hills Unified School District for 19 years. She is currently the Senior Managing Director for First Foundation Advisors. An acknowledged expert on psychological issues involving wealth and wealth transfer, she was a presenter at the World Economic Forum in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, and is a frequent participant at the high wealth/private client conferences for major financial institutions. She is a frequent guest on national radio and television and a quoted expert in national publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Times, Forbes, Fortune, Privilege, Town and Country and Worth Magazine.
Dr. Hausner is the co-author with Doug Freeman of A Founder's Guide to the Family Foundation, published by the Council on Foundations and is the author of the seminal work regarding wealth and the family; Children of Paradise: Successful Parenting for Prosperous Families. In addition, Dr. Hausner incorporated her unique six-step transition model for succession in family business in the critically acclaimed family business resource book Hats Off to You 2: Balancing Roles and Creating Success in Family Business, of which she was a co-author.
Dr. Hausner is a graduate of Northwestern University (BA, Psychology), San Francisco State University (MA, Psychology), and Kensington University (PhD, Psychology).
Books Written By This Expert
- The Legacy Family: The Definitive Guide to Creating a Successful Multigenerational Family
- Children of Paradise: Successful Parenting for Properous Families
- Hats Off to You 2: Balancing Roles and Creating Success in Family Business
- Teaching Your Child Concentration
- Teaching Your Child Creativity
- Homework Without Tears
- Children: The Challenge by Rudolf Dreikurs
- Between Parent and Child by Haim Ginott
- The Hurried Child by David Elkind
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child by John Gottman and Daniel Goleman
- Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Becoming the Parent You Want To Be: A Sourcebook of Strategies for the First Five Years by Laura Davis and Janis Keyser
- Mom's House, Dad's House: Making Two Homes for Your Child by Isolina Ricci